6th Annual NAWBO Day “Think Ginormous™”
Big Business Branding for Small Business
Pittsburgh’s Home Town Girls Use Big Business Branding
PITTSBURGH, March 15, 2013 – The sixth, annual NAWBO Day Pittsburgh will celebrate the achievements of Pittsburgh’s home-town girls who use big-business branding to move their businesses and the Pittsburgh-area economy. The event will take place on March 22, 2013 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh/Greentree, from 8:00 a.m.to 3:30 p.m.
This year’s NAWBO Day, themed “Think GINORMOUS™-- Big Business Branding for Small Business,” will feature these local, national, and international speakers who will address the key aspects of business branding. Local speakers include:
|From l to r, Donna Baxter, Ruth Byrd-Smith, Joanne Quinn-Smith, Ola Jackson|
• Debbie Hickman, owner of the Giant Eagle store in Penn Hills, Pennsylvania, whose morning keynote is titled “The Power of Linking Your Business to a Big Brand.
• Donna Baxter, The Soul Pitt, Web, Radio/TV/Mag, Winner of the 2008 Black Awards.com Best Local/Community Site East USA.
• Ruth Byrd Smith, Director of the Allegheny County Department of Minority, Women & Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (MWDBE), host of the radio show, “Taking Care of Business”; 2006 awarded the Minority Business Champion for SBA Region 3; 2007 winner of the Mid-Atlantic Regional Minority Business Champion and the Civic and Community Award from the YWCA; 2012 selected as a winner of the Women in Business Award by the Pittsburgh Business Times.
• Ola Jackson, Founder of Onyx Woman Magazine, Onyx Woman TV and Onyx Woman Network and winner of the 2010 SBA Minority Business Champion of Western Pennsylvania
• Joanne Quinn-Smith, aka TechnoGranny, Publisher of PositivelyPittsburghLive Radio TV and Mag., and 2009 National SBA Journalist of the Year;
• JoAnn R. Forrester, Host of Empress of Biz Radio, Founder of Blue Ribbon Profiles and Price It Perfect, SBA Women Business Advocate 1989, 2000, and 2010 YWCA Tribute to Women, Entrepreneur Category.
International and national speakers will include:
• Susan Newman, Founder of Broadcast Louder™ Workshops. Since 1994, Susan Newman Design, Inc. has built a reputation for developing creative, quality, successful brand identity design and web solutions throughout the United States and abroad.
The National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide by: Strengthening the wealth creating capacity of our members and promoting economic development within the entrepreneurial community; creating innovative and effective change in the business culture; building strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations; and transforming public policy and influencing opinion makers
Posted on behalf of Dreamweaver Marketing Associates. Joyce Kane is the owner of Cybertary Pittsburgh, a Virtual Administrative support company, providing virtual office support, personal and executive assistance, creative design services and light bookkeeping. Cybertary works with businesses and busy individuals to help them work 'on' their business rather than 'in' their business. www.Cybertary.com/Pittsburgh