Dreamweaver Marketing Associates Blog is a Pittsburgh based press release site published by Pittsburgh based marketing company which specializes in Web 2.0 marketing and social media marketing. Press releases are for local news and client marketing of Dreamweaver Marketing Associates.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
MUSICAL KIDS FINALISTS CHOSEN FOR CLASSICAL WQED-FM 89.3 CONTEST
MUSICAL KIDS FINALISTS CHOSEN FOR CLASSICAL WQED-FM 89.3 CONTEST Public invited to vote online at wqed.org/musicalkids Aprill 11 - 30, 2014
MUSICAL KIDS FINALISTS CHOSEN FOR CLASSICAL WQED-FM 89.3 CONTEST Public invited to vote online at wqed.org/musicalkids April 11 – 30, 2014
PITTSBURGH—Over 40 entries were received from young musicians around the region who play the piano, violin, cello, and classical guitar or sing for Classical WQED-FM 89.3’s Musical Kids competition for middle school students. Twelve finalists in grades six to eight have been chosen, and half of the students hail from North Allegheny School District in Pittsburgh. In addition, two are from Monongalia County schools in West Virginia, with the remaining students attending private and charter schools, or being home schooled.
• Issac Che, 13, Eighth Grade, Piano, Home School
• Elizabeth Edwards, 13, Seventh Grade, Cello, Home School
• Christopher Fedor, 13, Eighth Grade, Piano, Marshall Middle School, North Allegheny School District
• Enoch Hsiao, 12, Seventh Grade, Piano, Marshall Middle School, North Allegheny School District
• Benjamin Kiehl, 13, Seventh Grade, Classical Guitar, Westwood Middle School, Monongalia County, West Virginia
• Devin Lai, 12, Seventh Grade, Violin, Suncrest Middle School, Monongalia County, West Virginia
• Amanda Lu, 13, Seventh Grade, Piano, Ingomar Middle School, North Allegheny School District
• Stephanie Petinaux, 11, Sixth Grade, Piano, St. Kilian Parish School
• Rebeka Rest, 12, Sixth Grade, Piano, Marshall Middle School, North Allegheny School District
• Celeste Shannon, 13, Seventh Grade, Vocalist, Environmental Charter School at Frick Park
• William Wang, 12, Seventh Grade, Piano, Ingomar Middle School, North Allegheny School District
• Andrew Zhang, 13, Eighth Grade, Piano, Carson Middle School, North Allegheny School District
The public is invited to cast their online vote for their favorite finalist from April 11 through 30 atwww.wqed.org/musicalkids. One of six winners will be chosen by the public through the online voting portal. The remaining five winners will be selected by the Musical Kids judges comprised of local classical music experts including:
Winners will be announced Monday, May 5 on Classical WQED-FM 89.3 by Anna Singer at noon and recognized publicly at “Classical WQED-FM 89.3 Night” following the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra’s performance at Heinz Hall on Friday, May 9. A special program hosted by Jim Cunningham with interviews and LIVE performances with the winners will air on Performance in Pittsburgh Friday, May 30 at 7:00 p.m. on Classical WQED-FM 89.3. In addition, presentations will be held at each winner’s school where prizes including a plaque will be awarded.
Funding for Musical Kids is made possible by grants from the Snee-Reinhardt Charitable Foundation and The Fine Foundation. WQED changes lives by creating and sharing outstanding public media that educates, entertains, and inspires. It is the parent company of WQED-TV (PBS); WQED: The Neighborhood Channel; WQED: The Create Channel; WQED Showcase; Classical WQED-FM 89.3/Pittsburgh; Classical WQEJ-FM 89.7/Johnstown; the Pittsburgh Concert Channel at WQED-HD2 (89.3-2FM) and online at www.wqed.org/fm; local and national television and radio productions; WQED Interactive (www.wqed.org) and iQ: smartmedia, WQED’s Educational initiative (www.wqed.org/edu).