NOTE TO WORKING PRESS:
Photo opportunities are available on Friday, April 5, 2013 from 10:45 - 11:30 am and Saturday, April 6 from 10:00 am - 12:30 pm at Inventionland.
WQED’S ANNUAL ENGINEERING ENGAGEMENT PROGRAM CULMINATES
WITH STUDENT CHALLENGE EVENT AT INVENTIONLAND
PITTSBURGH—On Friday, April 5, 2013 the fourth annual Design Lives Here challenge will take place at Inventionland in RIDC Park in O’Hara. From January through April 2013, eight regional schools and two afterschool programs serving more than 220 students (and targeting minorities and girls) participated in the Design Lives Hereprogram presented by WQED Pittsburgh and the Engineers’ Society of Western Pennsylvania (ESWP) with additional support from MSA, American Bridge, and Inventionland.
The participating schools and programs include:
• Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament School in Natrona Heights
• The Ellis School in Oakland
• Franklin Regional Middle School in Murrysville
• Haine Middle School in Cranberry Township
• Marshall Middle School in North Allegheny
• St. Philip School in Crafton
• West Mifflin Area Middle School
• YWCA Tech GYRLS Afterschool Program in Homewood
• Winchester Thurston School in Shadyside
• Investing Now Afterschool Program in Oakland
For questions or interviews please contact George Hazimanolis at 412-622-1366 firstname.lastname@example.org.