FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh Announces the 2012 Tribute to Women Leadership Awards
Awards Luncheon scheduled for Wednesday, May 16
PITTSBURGH, PA (May 10, 2012): The YWCA Greater Pittsburgh will recognize eight extraordinary women for their demonstrated excellence and leadership in the workplace and in the community as part of the 30th annual Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon to be held on Wednesday, May 16, from noon to 1:30 p.m., at the Westin Hotel, 1000 Penn Avenue.
Awardees for 2012 include:
• Arts & Culture: Jane Werner, Executive Director, Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
• Business & Industry: Heidi K. Bartholomew, Vice President & Controller, FedEx Ground
• Civic & Community Service: Missy Unkovic, President of the Board, FISA Foundation
• Education: Donna L. Imhoff, Ph.D., Campus President, North Campus & West Hills Center,
Community College of Allegheny County
• Entrepreneur: Helen A. Davis, M.D., CEO and Medical Director, Davis Eye and Wellness Center
• Health & Human Services: Jeannette E. South-Paul, M.D., Andrew W. Mathieson UPMC Professor & Chair, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine
• Professional Services: Susan Frietsche, Senior Staff Attorney, Women’s Law Project
• Young Leader: Christy Uffelman, BCC, Vice President, Employee & Organization Development, Mascaro Construction Company
“I am so impressed and inspired by the contributions these eight women have made to their professions and to the Pittsburgh community,” said Magdeline E. Jensen, Chief Executive Officer, YWCA Greater Pittsburgh. “We are fortunate to have such remarkable women as role models for other women and girls. The honorees are all deserving of the YWCA’s Tribute to Women Leadership Award and exemplify what the award truly represents.”
The YWCA Greater Pittsburgh launched the Tribute to Women Leadership Awards in 1983 to affirm its mission to empower women and girls to reach their personal and professional goals. Since then, the YWCA has honored the accomplishments of more than 200 exceptional women, saluting them for helping to shape the direction of our region and improve the lives of others.
Jennifer Abney, News Anchor, WPXI – Channel 11, is serving as Mistress of Ceremonies during the luncheon. Proceeds from the event benefit the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh’s programs and services. For more information about Tribute to Women, call 412-255-1261 or e-mail email@example.com.
The YWCA Greater Pittsburgh is a women’s membership movement committed to the elimination of racism and the economic empowerment of women and girls. To learn more about the YWCA’s programs and services, visit www.ywcapgh.org or call 412-391-5100.
Director of Development and Marketing
YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
305 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 255-1279 (phone)
(412) 391-5109 (fax)